Retail Operations Manager - Sydney (Maternity Leave Cover)
At Assembly Label, we’re building a team of collaborative entrepreneurs, collectively working for a company with a shared vision and open culture. Our success comes directly from the people we work with and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for like-minded people who share our love for minimalist design and the Australian coastal lifestyle.
Reporting to the National Retail Manager, the main purpose of the Retail Operations Manager is to ensure all stores perform at their optimum level, by developing, managing, and effectively utilising all store processes and operations, to result in exceptional profitability and bottom-line results, and ultimately excellent customer experience.
Beginning at the start of February 2022, this maternity leave contract will run for 12 months, with a six-week crossover and onboarding period with our current National Retail Operations Manager.
A brief summary of the main accountabilities and responsibilities are:
- Managing all inventory processes, including but not limited to; taking a proactive stance on managing business inventory through regular auditing and quarterly stocktakes and driving investigation, process improvement and/or new initiatives to achieve benchmarks for system accuracy and shrinkage
- Managing all retail reporting through the generation of reports on a weekly and monthly basis and keeping all financial dashboards up to date
- Driving the management of retail back of house management and maintenance
- Manage the store maintenance & repair process, ensuring repairs and maintenance are within set budgets
- Overseeing and monitoring all store profit and loss statements, indicating any areas of overspending, and working with the Area Managers to rectify and avoid overspending to ensure budgets and key business KPIs are met
- Creating and managing streamlined communication tools between retail stores and other departments/stakeholders in the business to drive efficiency and productivity
- Project managing all new store openings by liaising and managing internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a retail operations role, shopfloor experience is preferred
- Strong process improvement and project management skills
- Advanced technical knowledge of in-store systems and processes
- Advanced technological skills, intermediate Excel
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and engage a retail team on a multi-site scale
- Ability to understand and interpret brand and organisational cultural values
- Strong business acumen with exposure to working with profit and loss statements
- Strong communication & problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Possess a strong understanding of and alignment with the Assembly Label values and product range
- Ability to provide staff operational training and development, which focuses on individual opportunities leading to a positive and engaged store culture
- Ability to work autonomously, but also thrive in a collaborative environment
What's In It For You?
- Attractive Remuneration with Generous Incentive Scheme
- Quarterly Mental Health Days
- Flexible working weeks with the ability to work from home and in our Head Office in Rosebery
- Family and Friends Staff Discount
- Uniform Allowance
- Great Team Culture and Events
- Training and Development with a strong focus on progression
To apply, please send your CV with a brief cover letter to email@example.com.
Please include the job title and location in the subject line of the email.